Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Via introduces banana sized $49 mini PC


VIA Technologies is releasing a mini PC around the size of a small banana.
This mini PC has Android and features 2 GB of on-board storage and VGA output. The unit measures just 17-cm x 8.5-cm, and can be housed in any standard Mini-ITX or microATX chassis. It idles at 4 watts of power, but jumps up to 13.5 watts during maximum load. The APC comes with a custom (forked) build of Google's Android 2.3 "Gingerbread" OS that has been optimized for keyboard and mouse input. It comes with a stock browser and a number of apps including Adobe Reader, Angry Birds and YouTube. Hardware wise the APC packs a 800 MHz VIA WonderMedia ARM 11 SoC with a built-in 2D/3D GPU core capable of video output up to 720p. Also included is 512 MB of DDR3 RAM, 2 GB of on-board storage (NAND Flash), HDMI, VGA, 4 USB 2.0 ports, audio out / mic in, a microSD card slot, a 10/100 Ethernet port and a 15W power adapter. The unit is expected to cost $49 when released in July.

source

2 comments:

  1. Hmm it appears like your blog ate my first comment (it was super long) so I guess I'll just sum it up what I submitted and say, I'm thoroughly enjoying
    your blog. I too am an aspiring blog blogger but I'm still new to the whole thing. Do you have any helpful hints for novice blog writers? I'd really appreciate it.
    Feel free to visit my web blog ... windows mini pc

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish i could give you some solid advice, I`m just enjoying myself, posting occasionally and generally posting things I personally find interesting. Hope this helps.

    ReplyDelete